When I received the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Catholic Church in 6th grade, the nuns endlessly drilled into our heads that we were going to become “soldiers of Christ”. What on earth did that mean to a 12 year old? Not much. Who knew those words would come back to haunt me years later as I watch this country falling apart. I now literally am feeling called to be a “soldier of Christ”. Not a task to be taken lightly.
There is a battle going on right now for the soul of America and the world. It hits me in the face every day and I can’t NOT see it. This is not a battle between Democrats and Republicans, black or white, young or old. It is between good and evil, darkness and light, tyranny and freedom.
It is a battle in the spiritual realm and on the surface we appear to be losing miserably. Good thing God knows things we don’t and He has promised to prevail in the end, but how bad will it have to get?
“For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.”
I have never seen this more clearly in my lifetime than in these current days.
Too many people are still asleep. “Take no part in the fruitless works of darkness; rather, expose them, for it is shameful even to mention the things done by them in secret; but everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says:
Awake, O sleeper,
and arise from the dead
and Christ will give you light.”
So what, then, can the average person who is awake to all this evil and corruption, do? First, we can try to help others wake up, even if we get flack for it or if they try to silence us. Some of us will of course be able to do more than others, but we can no longer turn a blind eye to all the evil and corruption around us if we want to preserve this great country and our freedom, Constitution and God-given rights.
Below are 14 suggestions for things we can do to help take our country back. Hopefully these will inspire you with more ideas.
- Pray like crazy as if your life depended on it, because it does. “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Know scripture. God’s Word is truth. The devil is a liar and word-twister. Remember, even the devil can quote scripture as he did when Jesus was tempted in the desert for 40 days.
- If you have children, teach them the Bible and things of God. Yes they will grow up and make their own choices, but at least the foundation is laid.
- Speak what you really believe and don’t censor yourself to be politically correct or follow the culture. Refuse to use the redefined words the culture comes up with. Tell things like they are; stop the pronouns!
- Ignore anyone who calls you names such as conspiracy theorist, or whatever “-ist” or “-phobe” words the culture comes up with that are currently fashionable.
- Support churches that aren’t following the culture. These are getting harder to find. Such as the ones that stayed open or didn’t bother you if you didn’t wear a mask during the pandemic. Go into the ministry and follow God’s truth refusing to give in to the evils of the culture.
- Speak with your dollar and shop less, or not at all, at businesses and entertainment venues that censor and support the woke agenda such as Amazon, Target, Disney, NFL, and many more. There is a popular saying, “Go woke, go broke.” Make sure of it. I just came across the website publicsq.com where you can find businesses that support freedom, truth, the Constitution, and the family.
- Get off social media that censors and does not value freedom of speech, like Facebook. There are alternatives starting up all the time such as Rumble, Gab, Telegram and Truth Social. I recently came across Godtube.com which has a variety of positive videos as an alternative to Youtube.
- Volunteer during elections. We must make sure our elections are safe and secure, which they are not. Support and protect the U.S. Constitution. Vote for candidates that value life (the few there are). Or run for office.
- Join your school boards. Consider homeschooling or a faithful private school. I went back to work and took my youngest out of the public school system when boys in the girls bathroom and locker rooms became an issue I was not willing to compromise on.
- Consider going to college to study history, political science, education or law and really make a commitment to fight the culture and woke agenda fearlessly. Hillsdale College in Michigan is one such place. They even have resources for K-12 classical education on their website. Join campus groups like a chapter of Turning Point USA and get involved.
- Form your own businesses, groups, websites, blogs, or become active in those that are leading the way.
- Learn to grow your own food and become more self-sufficient. Create new ways and systems of doing things like alternative health care and education. Anything that won’t rely on government funding.
- And lastly, never become intimidated or apologize for the truth.
It is necessary to know your enemy before going into battle. Our enemy is Satan and all his works. He will try to silence us, have us back down, make us feel hopeless and give up. Don’t let him!! Put on your spiritual armor!
Chapter 6 in Ephesians continues:
“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground…. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all of this, take up the shield of faith…. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” (verses 13-17, NIV)
The battle belongs to the Lord. He will take care of things or issue punishment where it is deserved. Christ will triumph in the end. But we must be aware that our actions and the seeds we sow today can save ourselves and future generations a lot of suffering tomorrow.
The battle belongs to the Lord. The victory is won. But He calls us to take up the fight.
The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
no reason to hide by Erwin W. Lutzer
Interview with Eric Metaxas on Daystar.tv: https://daystar.tv/player/33568/528934